Show Off Your Summer Contest: 7/30-8/17
Show Off Your Summer!
Note: All times below are in Eastern Standard Time.
Last year, dozens of current UMD students submitted photos of their internships in the hopes of gaining the most likes on Instagram and winning the 2017 Show Off Your Summer Contest. This year we're holding the contest again!
How to Enter
If you are (1) a current UMD student (undergraduate or otherwise), (2) currently participating in a summer internship, then you are eligible to participate in the Show Off Your Summer Contest! One entry per person (not per account or email address).
Between Monday, July 30, 2018 at 8 a.m. and Friday, August 17th, 2018 at NOON, submit your entry by tagging @UMDCareerCenter on your Instagram post that contains the info below. By submitting the following, you have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
- Your Instagram Handle (if applicable)
- Your Major
- A 1-2 sentence description/caption of your internship (where you're interning and what you're doing there). This serves as the image description, and can include work-appropriate emojis.
- A photo showcasing your internship (see examples on our Instagram profile)
Don't have an Instagram account? Email your photo and the info above to mlopezmu @ umd.edu with the subject "INSTAGRAM CONTEST ENTRY."
We will Instagram up to seven (7) entries per day, in the order we receive them. The sooner you submit, the better! We'll ensure all qualifying entries are posted by Friday, August 10th at 5 p.m. We reserve the right to decline posting photos displaying inappropriate material, following Instagram's community guidelines.
How to Win
- Submit ALL needed info! We will not contact you asking for clarification or for you to improve your submission. If a submission is incomplete, it will not be entered.
- Only likes (hearts) on @UMDCareerCenter's regram of your post counts in this contest. Encourage friends to visit our profile, find your post, and like (heart) your submission.
- Although submissions must be in by August 17th at noon, photos can gain likes until Monday, August 20 at noon. We will capture all like counts at that time and announce the winner by 12:30 p.m that day.
- Likes garnered past noon on August 20, 2018 will not count toward determining the winner.
How & When the Winner Will Be Notified
The winner will be notified by 12:30 p.m. on August 20, 2018 using the same manner of contact that was used to submit their entry. If you submitted your entry via Instagram, you will be notified by Direct Messages to the Instagram account you used to submit your entry. If you submitted your entry via email, you will be notified via the email you used to send the entry.
The winner will be publically acknowledged by August 20, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
Additional Legal Notes:
- No purchase necessary.
- Purchase does not enhance chance of winning.
- Void where prohibited.
- By submitting your entry, you give the University Career Center & The President's Promise the right to (1) submit your entry on your behalf under the Instagram account @UMDCareerCenter and (2) use all or portions of your entry in future promotions and testimonials for the University Career Center & The President's Promise.
- The odds of winning rely solely on the number of likes an entry receives.
- This virtual contest is being conducted by the University Career Center & The President's Promise, which resides at 3100 Hornbake Library, South Wing, College Park, MD 20742.
- The contest hosted by the University Career Center & The President's Promise is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, or Amazon.
For additional information about this event:
Contact Michelle Watson at email@example.com