Use this link to Google Maps - http://g.co/maps/5hf57 - for the location of the garage. You can click on "Directions" on the left hand side to obtain directions from your starting location.
Regents Drive Parking Garage is the closest parking to Hornbake Library. To reach Regents, enter campus from Route 1 and turn onto Campus Drive at the main entrance. At the traffic circle (the “M”), make a right onto Regents Drive. The parking garage is down the street on your left.
Only a limited number of spaces in that garage are visitor parking (all located on the roof of the garage - Level 4) – follow signs for the pay parking and make sure you park in a numbered space. The space number will be marked on the ground or on a small sign in front of the space. Validate your parking using a pay station BEFORE you leave the garage to walk over to Hornbake Library. Remember your space number, you will need to enter it at the pay station.
**If you receive a ticket for any reason, the University Career Center is not responsible for paying the fine; please follow instructions on the pay station carefully
Walking Directions from Regents Drive Garage to the Center:
On the third floor of the south side of the garage there is a walkway over the street. Cross that walkway and proceed to your right around the building to the Hornbake Plaza. Hornbake Library will be on your left. We are located in the south wing/classroom side of the building, so pass the main entrance of the library and enter through the single set of double doors indicating “South Wing." Enter the building, continue down the hallway and take the elevator to the 3rd floor, which will open into the University Career Center & The President's Promise.
Metro Directions to Campus:
- Take Green Line towards Greenbelt to the College Park – UMD Station.
- Exit the metro to the Bus Bay island.
- Take the 104 College Park shuttle to campus. The shuttle is free to the public and does not require University ID.
- At the Regents Garage stop, exit the bus to the left.
- Walk to the corner towards Field House Drive and cross the street.
- Turn right take the stairs (2 sets) to the top (where the garage bridge meets).
- Continue to your left passing the plaza on your right. Hornbake Library, South Wing is just beyond the plaza on the left. The south wing/classroom is just beyond the main library entrance (the large columns) through the single set of double doors.
- Enter the building, continue down the hallway and take the elevator to the 3rd floor which will open into the University Career Center & The President's Promise.
Smoke-Free@UMD: The University of Maryland is proud to be a smoke-free campus, committed to the health and wellness of all. As such, smoking is not permitted inside or outside of our building. Please check here for a map of permitted smoking areas on campus. Smoking is also permitted in private vehicles.
Winter Weather: The University Career Center & The President’s Promise abides by all University of Maryland, College Park openings and closings. Weather alerts and weather-related schedule updates will be announced on the University of Maryland homepage and the "snow phone line" (301.405.SNOW (7669)), and reported to local radio and television stations.