Interested in an internship or employment with the federal government?
Register for WRP 2020
The Workforce Recruitment Program for College Students with Disabilities (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects Federal Government and select private-sector employers nationwide with highly motivated postsecondary students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to demonstrate their abilities in the workplace through paid summer or permanent jobs.
To apply for WRP, you must:
- have a disability AND
- be a U.S. citizen AND
- be enrolled in a U.S. Department of Education accredited institution of higher education on a substantially full-time basis (unless your disability precludes you from taking a substantially full-time load or it is your last term before graduating) to seek a degree OR
- have graduated from such an institution within the past two years (April 1, 2018 or later).
2020 Student registration is open! Go to https://wrp.gov
For information and questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 WRP Programming and Deadlines:
- August 24 WRP registration opens
- Sept 9 4-5pm WRP info session Zoom
- Oct 2 4-5pm WRP info session Zoom
- Oct 8 4-5pm WRP info session Zoom
- Register for all Zoom info sessions through the UCC events calendar https://careers.umd.edu/events-calendar
- Oct 14 Student registration closes. Applications should be complete with resume, transcript uploaded. Accommodation request forms should be submitted.
- Oct 26-Nov 18 informational interviews with recruiters
For resources and frequently asked questions click here: https://www.wrp.gov/wrp?id=kb_article&sys_id=e788b9cfdbbc330048d576708c961997
The WRP is coordinated at UMD by Nancy Forsythe, MA, EdS., Nforsyt2@umd.edu.
The WRP is co-sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) and the U.S. Department of Defense’s Office of Diversity Management & Equal Opportunity (ODMEO), with support from other federal agencies.