2019 Geographical Sciences Career & Internship Fair
Students: Click HERE for more information
Friday, March 29, 2019
9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Stamp Student Union, Atrium 1107 -
University of Maryland, College Park
3972 Campus Dr, College Park, MD 20742
The Geographical Sciences Career & Internship Fair is an excellent opportunity to connect employers in the transportation, defense, environmental, intelligence, and computer programming fields with University of Maryland undergraduate and graduate students seeking full-time, part-time, and internship positions. This semi-annual fair is sponsored by the Department of Geographical Sciences, in cooperation with the University Career Center & The President’s Promise.
Student Participant Profile:
Around 100 undergraduate and graduate students with a variety of backgrounds in GIS, Remote Sensing and Environmental Science and Policy, as well as big data analytics will be present. The Graduate Geographical Sciences Department has been ranked the # 3 program in the country. Our Geographical Sciences and Environmental Studies majors have a variety of skills, from data source management and statistics, to cultural interpretation and policy assessment. They learn to use GIS, Remote Sensing, Computer Programming and Computer Cartography to understand and analyze both natural and human systems
8:45 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. | Arrival and Set Up/Light Breakfast
9:30 a.m. | Fair begins
12:30 p.m. | Fair ends
Fair Registration Packages:
Single table for 2 representatives:
- For-Profit/Corporate/Government single table: $100
- Non-Profit single table: $50
*A charge of $25 will be assessed for every additional person above the stated limit.
Each Package includes:
- 3x6 tables (doubled) and 2 chairs; black tablecloth available
- Wireless access
- Standard marketing: Fair booklet, booth signage and promotion on the website
- Registration deadline (to be included in printed materials): Monday, March 25, 2019
- Payment & Cancellation deadlines: Monday, March 25, 2019
- Registration Closes: Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Organizations: Registration now open.
Contact Names, Questions?
- Fair Logistics: Amanda Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment Information: Michael Martucci, email@example.com or 301.314.7238
Co-sponsored with the University of Maryland's
College of Behavioral and Social Sciences, Department of Geographical Sciences, Undergraduate