The On-Campus Interview (OCI) Program allows employers to interview UMD students and recent graduates in our suite of rooms for full-time, part-time or internship positions. The University Career Center & The President's Promise offers 15 interview rooms to reserve, all free of charge.
Interviewing occurs during the fall and spring semesters.
Spring 2018: February 5 - April 27
Fall 2018: September 4 - December 7
Spring 2019: February 4 - May 3
Interviews are held Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. The Center provides complimentary parking and lunch on the interview day. Rooms are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. It is strongly suggested that reservations be made AT LEAST four weeks in advance.
Please take a moment to look over our On-Campus Interview (OCI) Program Policies.
How to Request an Interview Room:
- Log into Careers4Terps.
- Select "Request On-Campus Interview Date" in the Quick links section.
- Complete the Interview Schedule Request form.
- The On-Campus Recruiting Coordinator may reach out to confirm your interview details or ask follow-up questions. If no contact can be made within 5 business days, the request will be removed.
- A confirmation email will be sent once your interview schedule has been approved.
- The video on this page gives a brief overview of the process - check it out!
For Preselect and Preselect to Alternate schedules, be sure to "attach your position" to your interview schedule in order for your schedule to be approved. You will receive a confirmation email once the position and schedule are approved.
For Room Only schedules, please email your interview schedule to email@example.com AT LEAST 24 HOURS before the interview date, so our front desk team know where to direct candidates.
We offer all our OCI employer guests parking, wifi and coffee and lunch. Prior to your visit, we will send a logistics email and request a headcount and submission of any dietary restrictions from each organization.
On the day of the interviews, you will be greeted by a member of the Center staff and shown to your interview room(s). Your candidates will wait in the interview suite, until called into the interview by your team.
Questions? Contact the Employer Relations team at 301.405.2780 or firstname.lastname@example.org