Career Shuttle to the U.S. Census Bureau
Registration is closed for this Shuttle.
Join the University Career Center & The President's Promise on a Career Shuttle to the U.S. Census Bureau in Suitland, MD!
This Career Shuttle is for students who are interested in gaining a better understanding of career paths available at the U.S. Census Bureau. The visit will include information sessions led by staff in the Decennial Census and Economic Directorates of the Census Bureau that will highlight programs and examples of work completed. Participants will also gain knowledge of internship and job application tips.
This visit will be of particular interest to undergraduate and graduate students studying Geography, Math, Economics, Survey Methodology, and Demography/Sociology.
We will depart promptly by bus from the Lobby of the University Career Center at 9 a.m. and return to campus around 2 p.m., depending on traffic. You are welcome to bring a snack to enjoy on the bus (lunch will not be included). Please click the RSVP button to reserve your spot. You will receive an email confirmation a week before the event with additional details.
Requirements to participate:
· Submit an RSVP to reserve your spot, we do expect to have a full Shuttle. Registration is closed for this Shuttle.
· You will be asked to sign a waiver prior to departure and you must be 18 years or older to consent. Please email us ahead of time if you are not 18 years or older and we will share next steps with you.
· You will be required to present a driver’s license or a similar state/federal issued ID with a photo to enter the facility.
· Non-U.S. citizens are welcome. The site is requesting names, passport, and visa information by October 10, 2018. Please contact Kristen Freseby email for further information. If you do not submit this information, you will not be eligible to participate.
· You must be a current UMD student.
· Participants must be available from 9 a.m.-2:00 p.m. on November 9. Early departures or driving separate from the group cannot be accommodated.
Business professional to business casual attire is encouraged. Technology restrictions: do not bring laptops. Cell phones, tablets, smart watches, etc. will be allowed into the facility.
For additional information about this event:
Contact Kristen Frese at firstname.lastname@example.org