How Fashion can Embrace Sustainability and the Circular Economy
Bethesda Green's Innovation Lab is proud to present its 2020 Summer Speaker Series. We're bringing together founders, industry experts, and policy makers for a series of conversations that will inspire, motivate, and educate all who attend.
Series 2, session #1 – How Fashion can Embrace Sustainability and the Circular Economy
Thursday, August 6th, 1-2:15pm ET
The fashion and textile industry contributes to 10% of annual global carbon emissions, and after oil, is the second largest polluter in the world. Join us as we explore the innovations that are being adopted to curb the fashion industry’s environmental impact from small fashion startups to multi-billion dollar fashion brands. We will discuss the role of corporate social responsibility in helping to direct the fashion industry toward sustainable practices, and the technologies and programs that can help make it possible.
- Julia Daviy – Founder, Julie Daviy
- Amy Hall – Vice President, Eileen Fisher
- Vanessa Barboni Hallik – Founder, Another Tomorrow
- Kaveri Marathe – Sustainability Consultant, World Bank, and co-founder, DC Sustainable Fashion Collective
- Danielle Nkojo – Manager, Global Sustainability Brands, Kontoor Brands
Click here to register
More info about this speaker series and panelist bios can be found here:
For additional information about this event:
Contact Michael Maiden at firstname.lastname@example.org