Fall Career & Internship Fair 2021
The University of Maryland is a nationally ranked Division I research university and the flagship institution of the University System of Maryland. We invite all employers to connect with our talented Terps seeking internship and full-time opportunities.
The fair is open to all UMD students, alumni, faculty/staff and their spouses.
Location: Virtual via Symplicity's Careers4Terps Platform
The fees listed will be applied per day, if an organization chooses to participate on multiple days.
Each registration includes an organization profile page and an unlimited number of representatives for 1-on-1 or Group Chat Sessions.
Fair sponsorship can provide employers with increased opportunities for brand awareness and marketing.
$1000 Sponorship package includes:
- Corporate logo and hyperlink on the Career Fairs website page for the 2021-22 academic year
- Corporate logo and hyperlink on the Fall Career Fair event calendar
- Corporate logo on select digital materials for the Fall Career Fair
- Priority listing on the Fall Career Fair virtual employer directory
Employers can denote interest on the career fair registration form or contact contact Allynn Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.314.7237
Employers can register to attend on the day(s) that best suit their recruiting needs:
If planning to attend both dates, we ask employers to complete a registration for each day.
Prior to registration, we encourage employers to review the registration form and the details about the functionality of our virtual fair platform.
The virtual fair will take place using our Careers4Terps (Symplicity-based) platform.
The event platform does not have a built-in video function, thus all employers will use their own preferred video conference platforms (WebEx, BlueJeans, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Meet, etc.) to engage with candidates. This meeting link will be required to be input into the registration form prior to the start of the event.
The platform provides two ways to interact with students:
- 1-on-1 Video Chats: An unlimited number of representatives can host 10 minute one-on-one chats, via their preferred video conference platform. Students will line up on a first-come, first-served basis within Careers4Terps and your team will invite them to chat individually. No prescheduling required. (*preferred method)
- Group Video Session(s): Employers can host open group session(s) to interact with multiple candidates simultaneously, via their preferred video conference platform. This option is a great way to host mini company overview sessions and invite general Q&A.
Employers will have access to update their registration forms with additional details prior to the fair. Thus, any information one is not prepared to include initially can be updated at a later date.
The University Career Center will provide additional instructions, guidance and tips on how to make the most of the virtual fair once you confirm your participation.
We encourage all participating employers to review the following training materials. Additional materials will be provided upon registration.
- Live UMD Hosted Employer Trainings: Monday - Friday, September 1 - 22 at 12noon.
Registration information will be available in your fair confirmation email.
- Live Symplicity-led Employer Training: TBD
- Review the Day of Virtual Career Fair Instructions for Employers document. It provides a step-by-step guide to setting up the system and navigating the virtual fair.
- Review the Virtual Fair FAQ document. This provides answers to the many of the frequently asked employer questions.
Cancellation Deadline Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Invoice Payment Deadline Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Our cancellation deadline is Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST to receive a full refund and not owe a fair registration balance.
Any employers who cancel after this deadline, for any reason, will remain responsible for payment and no refunds will be administered. Failure to cancel in writing by the cancellation deadline will leave the employer responsible for the registration fee, regardless of circumstances.
Your organization’s invoice will be attached to your fair confirmation email. Payment can be made by check or credit card, however credit card payments are preferred.
To pay via credit card:
Visit the University Career Center Event secure processing site listed on your invoice to make payment.
You will need the invoice number and career fair name to complete the payment process. Fill in all required information for payment processing.
Once the credit card payment has been successfully processed you will be e-mailed a statement to that effect. A second email will be sent within the next ten business days reflecting your payment and providing you with a zero balance receipt.
CONTACT NAMES, QUESTIONS?
- Employer Information or Sponsorship: Allynn Powell, email@example.com or 301.314.7237
- Event Logistics: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment Information: Michael Martucci, email@example.com or 301.314.7238
- Additional Recruiting Activities (Post positions on Careers4Terps, Schedule Virtual Interviews and/or Host a virtual event): firstname.lastname@example.org
JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Excited about attending the fair?! Want to let students know you'll be attending?
- Twitter: Tweet @UMDCareerCenter and add the hashtag #CAREERtheTurtle.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UMDCareerCenter
- Instagram: Tag @UMDCareerCenter and add the hashtag #CAREERtheTurtle.
We also encourage your organization to use social media to garner interest for your presence at the fair. During the fair add the hashtag #CAREERtheTurtle to your tweets/posts for us to engage throughout the fair.