The On-Campus Interview (OCI) Program is an opportunity for organizations and students to connect during on-site interviews in the University Career Center & The President's Promise. The program attracts employers from business, technology services, education, non-profit organizations, government agencies and more.
Each academic year there are hundreds of organizations visiting campus to conduct on-campus interviews for full-time entry level positions and internship opportunities.
VIEW THE OCI POSITIONS FOR FALL 2017
To learn more about OCI read the Questions & Answers below:
Only University of Maryland, College Park students and recent graduates are eligible to participate in on-campus interviewing. Alumni are eligible to apply for On-Campus Interviewing positions for up to three years after your graduation date. By submitting a resume to an on-campus interview position, you are agreeing to the On-Campus Interview Program Policies.
Apply to an on-campus interview position in Careers4Terps.
- Login into your Careers4Terps account
- Under the “Quicklinks” section of the homepage, select “Campus Interview I Apply For”
- Click “Apply.” (You may only apply AFTER you’ve uploaded a resume into Careers4Terps.)
By submitting a resume to an on-campus interview position, you are agreeing to the On-Campus Interview Program Policies.
During the fall and spring semesters, only. OCI does not take place in the summer, although you should be preparing during this time for your job hunt and researching previous and upcomign OCI organizaitons. Resume submission deadlines are as early as the first week of classes. On-campus interviews take place in the University Career Center (3100 Hornbake Library, South Wing) unless otherwise specified.
What organizations interview on-campus? Is it beneficial for me to apply to an on-campus interview position?
During spring 2016, one out of every four students that submitted a resume to an on-campus interview position received an interview. All organizations that host on-campus interviews have shown in interest in hiring UMD students. Take advantage of this opportunity! To see a list of organizations that participated in OCI last year, please see HERE.
- Attend a career fair. Many organizations use career fairs to meet and schedule impressive students for an interview.
- Attend an employer event. By attending employer events, you will learn more about the company and sometimes have the opportunity to sign up for an interview.
- Contact the employer directly via email or LinkedIn. Through networking, there is an additional possibility that you will obtain an on-campus interview.
NOTE: If the employer replies to you that you should schedule an interview at the University Career Center, forward the email to us (UCC-Recruiting@umd.edu) and we will add your name to the schedule. In the email, tell us why you are writing and give us your name, e-mail address, phone number, and UMD student UID number.
Organizations rarely grant extensions to their resume submission deadline. Review jobs in Careers4Terps on a regular basis and monitor the application deadlines closely.
Login to Careers4Terps. Navigate to the Interviews > Interview Requests tab to sign up.Here you will see your status for all of the applications you have submitted. This status may be Invited, Not Invited, Alternate, or Pending.
- Invited: Secure an open time slot. If you’ve been selected for an interview, you will receive an email prompting you to log into Careers4Terps to select an interview time.
- Not Invited: Unfortunately, the employer has decided to move forward with other candidates.
- Alternate: Pay close attention to when alternate interview selection starts. At that time, you can sign into Careers4Terps to secure any remaining time slots. You are not guaranteed an interview if selected as an alternate.
- Pending: The organization has not made selections yet.
Login to Careers4Terps. Navigate to the Interviews > Interview Requests tab to sign-up for an interview.
Cancellation Policy: You are required to contact the Center to cancel an on-campus interview as least 2 business days before the scheduled date. For example, if the interview is scheduled for Monday, you must cancel by 5:00 pm on Wednesday. If the interview is scheduled for Thursday, you must cancel by 5:00 pm on Monday. If a situation arises after the cancellation deadline that requires you to cancel the interview, contact the Center immediately, at 301-405-2780 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Show Policy: You are considered a "no show" when you fail to cancel an interview with sufficient notice. Failure to make a scheduled interview appointment will result in temporary termination of all Careers4Terps privileges and future on-campus interviews until necessary steps have been taken by the student or alumnus/ae. Refer to the On-Campus Interview Program Policies for more information.
Once you have accepted an offer, the ethical course of action is to stop interviewing with other organizations and honor your commitment to work for the organization hiring you. If you want to deactivate your Careers4Terps account send that request to email@example.com. Also, notify any employers with whom you have already interviewed in order to withdraw your name from their consideration.
Yes, alumni can participate up to three years after the graduation date. Update your Careers4Terps profile from Student to Alumni before applying for positions.
You can reserve a quiet room with a computer and phone access for a remote interview with anorganization. Contact the University Career Center Front Desk at 301.314.7225 with the time and date of the interview. Remember to add extra time before the interview to prepare.
Email the On-Campus Interviewing team at UCC-Recruiting@umd.edu, 301-405-2780
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.