Bright Futures: 'Unpaid Internship' Scholarship Fund
Summer 2017 Submission Deadline: Mon, April 24 at 5p.m.
The Bright Futures 'Unpaid Internship' Scholarship awards students with need-based scholarships ranging from $250-$1,250 to help offset expenses incurred during unpaid internships.
If you are an undergraduate student who has secured an unpaid summer 2017 internship with a non-profit organization or government agency, you are eligible to apply. Additional eligibility details are provided below.
All registered University of Maryland, College Park undergraduate students returning to campus for the fall 2017 semester, who have an unpaid internship for summer 2017, are eligible to apply. Graduating seniors (May 2017 & August 2017) are not eligible. Preference will be given to juniors and seniors graduating in December 2017. Preference will also be given to those who have not previously received this scholarship.
In order for your internship to qualify for funding support, it must satisfy the following criteria:
- Unpaid on-campus or off-campus internship with a non-profit organization or government agency.
- Offered during the summer and completed by Friday, August 25, 2017.
- Supervised by a professional in the field.
To Apply (Submission Deadline: Monday, April 24, 2017 at 5p.m.)
The application will OPEN on Monday, April 3, 2017.
- Complete the scholarship program application form by Monday, April 24 at 5p.m.
- Have your internship supervisor complete and submit the firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a fillable PDF. To save this form, simply click on the link below to open it in your browser, right click on it, and save it to your desktop.
If you have immediate questions about the Bright Futures: 'Unpaid Internship' Scholarship Fund, contact:
Program Director, Internships
The Bright Futures 'Unpaid Internship' Initiative is generously funded by the Eisen Family Internship Scholarship, the University Career Center & The President's Promise, and individual donors through Maryland Giving Day.