UNIV099 is a zero (0) credit internship seminar that is designed to complement a supervised internship experience. The Internship Seminar offers important benefits, including the ability to combine academic and “real world” work experiences, the opportunity to learn more about a specific professional field, to develop professional work skills, and to enhance marketability to future employers. For the purposes of this course, the University Career Center & The President's Promise defines an internship as a monitored work experience that has intentional learning outcomes and goals for students in their intended career field.
- The student is learning from a professional in their intended career field.
- The employer provides educationally enriching projects with learning objectives, mentoring, evaluation, quality training and supervisor.
- The majority of job assignments should relate to the student's major or career interests with minimal assignments involving clerical work.
- Undergraduate and graduate students of all majors are eligible to enroll once they have received an internship offer (Engineering students should register for ENCO099 through the Engineering Career Center).
- This course requires students to meet a minimum GPA requirement: graduate students must meet a minimum of 3.0 and undergraduates must meet a minimum of 2.0 to register. Students may not apply until they have completed at least one full semester at the University of Maryland in order to prove they meet the minimum GPA requirements.
- UNIV099 is offered Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer semesters.
- Students can repeat UNIV099 (unless the student receives an F for not completing the course requirements in any given semester).
- UNIV099 does not require students to attend any lectures, seminars, or classes.
Click here for more information about registering for the course:
Click here for more information about course requirements:
If the information above does not answer your questions, please contact the course instructor at email@example.com.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.