Spring Career & Internship Fair 2021
The University of Maryland is a nationally ranked Division I research university and the flagship institution of the University System of Maryland.
Our Spring 2021 Virtual Career & Internship Fair will connect employers with talented Terps, both current students and alumni, from all majors, seeking full-time and internships positions. We encourage employers who are currently hiring for Spring and Summer 2021 to participate.
The virtual fair will take place using our Careers4Terps platform. Preview this 2 minute virtual fair overview video to understand the event functionality.
The virtual capabilities will allow employers to use their own preferred video conference platforms (WebEx, BlueJeans, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Meet, etc.) to engage with candidates in two ways:
1-on-1 Virtual Video Chats: An unlimited number of individual employer representatives will be able to interact with interested candidates one-on-one via a preferred video conference platform. (*preferred method)
Group Virtual Video Session(s): Employers have the option to host an open session for representatives to interact with multiple candidates simultaneously. This option is a great way to host mini company overview sessions and invite general Q&A.
We are offering reduced pricing for this virtual event format.
The fees listed will be applied per day, if an organization chooses to participate on multiple days.
Each registration includes:
- Organization profile page
- Unlimited number of participating representatives to staff the Group or 1-on-1 Video Chats
FAIR SPONSORSHIP OPTIONS:
Fair sponsorship can provide employers with increased opportunities for brand awareness and marketing.
Learn more about our sponsorship options and denote interest on the career fair registration form.
Our team will follow-up with you to complete sponsorship forms. For questions, contact Allynn Powell at email@example.com or 301.314.7237
Employers can register to attend on the day(s) that best suit their recruiting needs:
Employers will have access to update their registration forms with additional details prior to the fair. Thus, any information one is not prepared to include initially can be updated at a later date.
WHO CAN ATTEND:
We encourage all participating employers to review the following training materials. Additional materials will be provided upon registration.
- Live UMD Hosted Employer Trainings: Monday - Friday, February 1 - 16th, from 12-12:45pm EST.
Registration information will be available in your fair confirmation email.
- Live Symplicity-led Employer Training: The Symplicity team will host employer trainings every Thursday (January 14-February 18) at 2pm EST. You can register here for any of their training sessions.
- Review the Day of Virtual Career Fair Instructions for Employers document. It provides a step-by-step guide to setting up the system and navigating the virtual fair.
- Review the Virtual Fair FAQ document. This provides answers to the many of the frequently asked employer questions.
Cancellation Deadline Wednesday, February 10, 2021
Invoice Payment Deadline Wednesday, February 10, 2021
Our cancellation deadline is Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST to receive a full refund and not owe a fair registration balance.
Any employers who cancel after this deadline, for any reason, will remain responsible for payment and no refunds will be administered. Failure to cancel in writing by the cancellation deadline will leave the employer responsible for the registration fee, regardless of circumstances.
Your organization’s invoice will be attached to your fair confirmation email. Payment can be made by check or credit card, however credit card payments are preferred.
To pay via credit card:
Visit the University Career Center Event secure processing site listed on your invoice to make payment.
You will need the invoice number and career fair name to complete the payment process. Fill in all required information for payment processing.
Once the credit card payment has been successfully processed you will be e-mailed a statement to that effect. A second email will be sent within the next ten business days reflecting your payment and providing you with a zero balance receipt.
CONTACT NAMES, QUESTIONS?
- Employer Information or Sponsorship: Allynn Powell, firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.314.7237
- Event Logistics: Kenyatta Malloy, email@example.com or 301.314.7239
- Payment Information: Michael Martucci, firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.314.7238
- Additional Recruiting Activities (Post positions on Careers4Terps, Schedule Virtual Interviews and/or Host a virtual event): Michael Maiden, email@example.com or 301.405.2780
JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Excited about attending the fair?! Want to let students know you'll be attending?
- Twitter: Tweet @UMDCareerCenter and add the hashtag #CAREERtheTurtle.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UMDCareerCenter
- Instagram: Tag @UMDCareerCenter and add the hashtag #CAREERtheTurtle.
We also encourage your organization to use social media to garner interest for your presence at the fair. During the fair add the hashtag #CAREERtheTurtle to your tweets/posts for us to engage throughout the fair.