About Our Team
The University Career Center & The President’s Promise provides comprehensive career assistance for all students enrolled at the University of Maryland, College Park. Designed to support students through each stage of their career development, the Center offers an array of resources, services and programs that empower students to pursue their ambitions and navigate a meaningful career journey.
A Network of Support
Located in the South Wing of Hornbake Library, the Center serves as a hub of activities that include advising appointments, workshops, industry panels, employer meet-ups, information sessions and on-campus interviews. An array of online tools complement the Center’s resources.
The Center also supports distributed offices located in the following schools and colleges:
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- College of Arts and Humanities
- College of Computer, Mathematical and Natural Sciences
- School of Public Health
- The Graduate School
Distributed offices provide advising and programming that targets career interests, industries and professional fields related to majors in their respective host school or college. Students may access any of the resources, services and programs based on their specific interests and immediate needs.
The Center partners with other campus career operations, including:
The University Career Center serves all enrolled students of the University of Maryland, College Park campus. Its highly-trained staff and progressive resources, services and programs provide comprehensive support throughout all stages of the career development process.
Empower all University of Maryland students to realize their full career potential.
Provide education, advising, experiential learning, professional connections, and direct access to opportunities that support career readiness. This includes:
- Facilitating self-assessment that enables students to discover how their interests, values and skills relate to career choices
- Teaching students to use career exploration and job search resources
- Coaching students in professional behaviors and how to articulate their potential value to an employer
- Creating events, forums and activities to engage professionals in students’ areas of interest
- Cultivating relationships with employers to open channels of opportunity for students
- Partnering with faculty and other campus colleagues to build a seamless network of career support
- Monitoring and reporting on key data relevant to career outcomes and workplace trends
- Instilling a spirit of proactivity in students that encourages their pursuit of career goals
Career Ready means students:
- Know how their personality, interests, skills, and values relate to a career
- Utilize career-relevant tools and resources
- Connect to career-relevant learning experiences
- Articulate their ability to contribute in a work setting
- Engage professionals in their areas of interest
Also consider showing the career stage development map:
View our staff listing page or call the University Career Center front desk at 301-314-7225 to be directed to the appropriate person.