The University Career Center & The President’s Promise is located on the 3rd Floor of Hornbake Library, South Wing, on the main campus of the University of Maryland.
The campus address for the Center:
4130 Campus Drive, College Park, MD 20742
The mailing address for the Center:
3100 Hornbake Library, College Park, MD 20742
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Please note that traffic on campus can be very busy, especially during class changes. You may wish to add 15-20 minutes extra to your travel time.
The Regents Drive Garage offers the closest visitor parking to the University Career Center. Paid visitor parking is located on the roof (level 4) of the garage. For directions to the Regents Drive Garage from your current location, you may use Google Maps.
For online navigation tools or GPS units, please use this address:
200 Regents Drive
College Park, MD 20742
Hours of operation are 7:00a.m. to midnight daily. Current rates at this facility are $3.00 per hour. Please don't forget to pay for your parking before you leave the Garage! The University Career Center will not assume responsibility for any parking tickets.
This video shows how to get from the roof of Regents Drive Garage to the University Career Center.
Directions for those with a disability parking placard, please take note of the guidelines outlined on this page.
Additional information about Visitor parking on campus is available on the UMD DOTS.
The University of Maryland is located off of the Green/Yellow Line at the College Park – UMD Station.
- Exit the Metro and look for the UMD signs for the 104 UM Shuttle
- Take the 104 College Park shuttle to campus. The shuttle is free to the public and does not require a University ID.
- At the Regents Garage stop, exit the bus and begin walking toward Fieldhouse Drive, which should be to your left.
- Cross the street at Fieldhouse Drive and walk towards the set of stairs to your right in front of the Plant Sciences Building.
- Take the stairs (2 sets) to the top where the walkway meets with the Regents Garage pedestrian bridge.
- Continue to your left passing Hornbake Plaza (the large courtyard and the statue of Frederick Douglass) on your right. Hornbake Library is the large white building on the left.
- To enter the South Wing, walk past the library’s columns and enter the building atop the small staircase through the double doors with the sign: “Hornbake Library South” above the door.
- Walk straight down the hallway and take the elevator on the left to the 3rd floor which will open into the University Career Center & The President's Promise.
If travelling by rideshare service or taxi, use the Center's street address: 4130 Campus Drive, College Park, MD 20742 as the destination.
Enter Hornbake Library through the double doors under the signs “Hornbake Library South." Walk straight down the hallway and take the elevator on the left to the 3rd floor which will open into the University Career Center & The President's Promise.
Accommodations and Food Options
To assist you in planning your visit, Conference & Visitor Services has general information about accommodation, dining options and campus attractions.
If you would like to order lunch for your interviewers, or food for an event, Dining Services can provide a wide range of options. Please note, for delivery, you must order by 9:30a.m. the day BEFORE your interview day/event.
The Center is within easy walking distance of a number of food options, and you can also order food from off-campus if desired.
The delivery address for food orders is: The University Career Center & The President's Promise, 3100 Hornbake Library, South Wing, 4130 Campus Drive, College Park, MD 20742.
Please see this page for a list of vendors in the Stamp Student Union food court. The food court gets very busy between noon and 1:30 p.m. so you may wish to schedule your interview times with that in mind.
Additional questions regarding your visit? Call our front desk at ( 301) 314-7225.
Find our Distributed School/College-based Offices on Campus
The Graduate School
Appointments occur in the University Career Center