The University Career Center & The President’s Promise is located on the 3rd Floor of Hornbake Library, South Wing, on the main campus of the University of Maryland.
The campus address for the Center:
4130 Campus Drive, College Park, MD 20742
The mailing address for the Center:
3100 Hornbake Library, College Park, MD 20742
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Please note that traffic on campus can be very busy, given construction, especially during class changes. You may wish to add 15-20 minutes extra to your travel time.
The roof level of the Regents Drive Parking Garage offers the closest visitor parking to the University Career Center. Hours of operation are 7:00a.m. to midnight daily.
Paid visitor parking is located in this garage. Current rates at this facility are $3.00 per hour.
Please don't forget to pay for your parking before you leave the garage. The University Career Center will not assume responsibility for any parking tickets.
For directions to the Regents Drive Garage from your current location, you may use Google Maps.
For online navigation tools or GPS units, please use this address:
8056 Regents Drive
College Park, MD 20742
Walking Directions (From Regents Drive Garage to the University Career Center)
This short video shows you how to get from Regents Drive Garage to the Center.
On the third floor of the south side of the garage, there is a walkway. Cross that walkway and proceed to your right, around the building immediately in front of you to Hornbake Plaza. Hornbake Library will be on your left, with a bronze statue of Frederick Douglass outside of it (in the Plaza) on the right.
We are located in the South Wing of Hornbake Library, so avoid the main entrance of the library (which is under the columns) and enter through the set of white double doors indicating “South Wing." There is no access to the South Wing from the main library, so please do not enter the entrance underneath the columns. The elevators are through the door and straight ahead. Please take the elevator to the THIRD floor.
Directions for those with a disability parking placard, please take note of the guidelines outlined on this page.
Additional information about Visitor parking on campus is available on the UMD DOTS.
The University of Maryland is located off of the Green/Yellow Line at the College Park – UMD Station.
- Exit the Metro and look for the UMD signs for the 104 UM Shuttle
- Take the 104 College Park shuttle to campus. The shuttle is free to the public and does not require a University ID.
- At the Regents Garage stop, exit the bus and begin walking toward Fieldhouse Drive, which should be to your left.
- Cross the street at Fieldhouse Drive and walk towards the set of stairs to your right in front of the Plant Sciences Building.
- Take the stairs (2 sets) to the top where the walkway meets with the Regents Garage pedestrian bridge.
- Continue to your left passing Hornbake Plaza (the large courtyard and the statue of Frederick Douglass) on your right. Hornbake Library is the large white building on the left.
- To enter the South Wing, walk past the library’s columns and enter the building atop the small staircase through the double doors with the sign: “Hornbake Library South” above the door.
- Walk straight down the hallway and take the elevator on the left to the 3rd floor which will open into the University Career Center & The President's Promise.
If using this method to get to campus, enter in the address of the Geology Building (8000 Regents Drive, College Park, MD 20742). When you arrive, proceed on foot around the Geology building to the left-side (when facing the front of the building). The door to the South Wing of Hornbake Library is straight ahead. Once inside the building, proceed straight ahead to the elevators and take them to the third floor.
Accommodations and Food Options
To assist you in planning your visit, Conference & Visitor Services has general information about accommodation, dining options and campus attractions.
If you would like to order lunch for your interviewers, or food for an event, Dining Services can provide a wide range of options. Please note, for delivery, you must order by 9:30a.m. the day BEFORE your interview day/event.
The Center is within easy walking distance of a number of food options, and you can also order food from off-campus if desired.
The delivery address for food orders is: The University Career Center & The President's Promise, 3100 Hornbake Library, South Wing, 4130 Campus Drive, College Park, MD 20742.
Please see this page for a list of vendors in the Stamp Student Union food court. The food court gets very busy between noon and 1:30 p.m. so you may wish to schedule your interview times with that in mind.
Additional questions regarding your visit? Call our front desk at ( 301) 314-7225.
Find our Distributed School/College-based Offices on Campus
The Graduate School
Appointments occur in the University Career Center