Established in 1961, the University Career Center and The President's Promise serves all enrolled students of the University of Maryland, College Park campus. Its highly-trained staff and progressive resources, services and programs provide comprehensive support throughout all stages of the career development process.
Prepare every student to successfully navigate a meaningful career path commensurate with the values and privileges of a University of Maryland education.
Provide education, advising, experiential learning, professional connections, and direct access to opportunities through progressive high-quality services, resources, instruction, and programs that support the career readiness of students. This includes:
- Facilitating self-assessment that enables students to discover how their interests, values and skills relate to career choices
- Teaching students to use career exploration and job search resources
- Coaching students in professional behaviors and how to articulate their potential value to an employer
- Creating events, forums and activities to engage professionals in students’ areas of interest
- Cultivating relationships with employers to open channels of opportunity for students
- Partnering with faculty and other campus colleagues to build a seamless network of career support
- Monitoring and reporting on key data relevant to career outcomes and workplace trends
- Instilling a spirit of proactivity in students that encourages their pursuit of career goals