Established in 1961, the University Career Center and The President's Promise serves all enrolled students of the University of Maryland, College Park campus. Its highly-trained staff and progressive resources, services and programs provide comprehensive support throughout all stages of the career development process.
Empower all University of Maryland students to realize their full career potential.
Provide education, advising, experiential learning, professional connections, and direct access to opportunities through progressive high-quality services, resources, instruction, and programs that support the career readiness of students. This includes:
- Facilitating self-assessment that enables students to discover how their interests, values and skills relate to career choices
- Teaching students to use career exploration and job search resources
- Coaching students in professional behaviors and how to articulate their potential value to an employer
- Creating events, forums and activities to engage professionals in students’ areas of interest
- Cultivating relationships with employers to open channels of opportunity for students
- Partnering with faculty and other campus colleagues to build a seamless network of career support
- Monitoring and reporting on key data relevant to career outcomes and workplace trends
- Instilling a spirit of proactivity in students that encourages their pursuit of career goals