Campus Interview Program
The Campus Interview Program provides an opportunity for organizations and students to connect virtually or on-site for interviews. Each academic year there are multiple organizations who host interviews for full-time entry level positions and internship opportunities.
To learn more about the Campus Interview Program, read the Questions & Answers below:
Only University of Maryland, College Park students and recent graduates are eligible to participate in interviewing hosted through the University Career Center. Alumni are eligible to apply for Campus Interview positions for up to three years after graduation. By submitting a resume to an on-campus interview position, you are agreeing to abide by the Career Center's Campus Interview Program Policies.
Apply to an on-campus interview position in Careers4Terps.
- Login into your Careers4Terps account
- Under the “Shortcuts” section of the homepage, select “Search On-Campus Interviews”
- Once you find a role you wish to be considered for, click “Apply.” (You may only apply AFTER you’ve uploaded a resume into Careers4Terps.)
By submitting a resume to a campus interview position, you are agreeing to abide by the Career Center's Campus Interview Program Policies.
Most organizations will choose to post opportunities they seek to interview for via Careers4Terps. However, organizations may also seek candidates for these roles via other campus engagement efforts. You may consider the following as additional ways to interview with employers:
- Attend a career fair. Many organizations use career fairs to meet and schedule impressive students for an interview.
- Attend an employer event. By attending employer events, you will learn more about the company and sometimes have the opportunity to sign up for an interview.
- Connect with employers after events via email or LinkedIn. Demonstrating your interest is another great way to possibly land interviews.
Organizations rarely grant extensions to their resume submission deadline. Review jobs in Careers4Terps on a regular basis and monitor the application deadlines closely.
Login to Careers4Terps. From left navigation bar on your Careers4Terps homepage, navigate to “On-Campus Interviews” to view your interview status for all of the applications you have submitted. The status options include: Invited, Not Invited, Alternate, or Pending.
- Pending: The organization has not made selections yet.
- Invited: You have been selected for an interview. Respond by securing an open time slot.
- Alternate: You have been selected to sign up for an interview, if slots remain after invited candidates have had the chance to sign up. While you are not guaranteed an interview, when selection begins, log in as soon as possible to secure a slot if any remain. If by chance another candidate withdraws, you will be notified of an available interview slot.
- Not Invited: Unfortunately, the employer has not selected you to interview for this opportunity.
Login to Careers4Terps. If you’ve been offered an interview, there will be a link for you to sign up (link will be in red writing) under the “Alerts” section at the top of your homepage. Alternatively, from the left hand navigation bar, navigate to “On-Campus Interviews” then go to the “Requested Interviews” tab to sign up.
Cancellation Policy: You are required to contact the Career Center to cancel a campus interview at least 24 hours before the scheduled date. If a situation arises after the cancellation deadline that requires you to cancel the interview, such as a family emergency, contact the Career Center immediately, at 301-405-2780 and/or email@example.com.
No Show Policy: You are considered a "no show" when you fail to cancel an interview with sufficient notice. Failure to make a scheduled interview appointment will result in temporary suspension of all Careers4Terps privileges and future on-campus interviews until necessary steps have been taken by the student or alumnus/ae.
Once you have accepted an offer, the ethical course of action is to stop interviewing with other organizations and honor your commitment to work for the organization hiring you. If you want to deactivate your Careers4Terps account send that request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, notify any employers with whom you have already interviewed in order to withdraw your name from their consideration.
You can reserve a quiet room with a computer and phone access for a remote interview with an organization. Contact the University Career Center Front Desk at 301.314.7225 with the time and date of the interview. Remember to add extra time before the interview to prepare.