Regardless of the event you seek to host at the University of Maryland, our team will provide best-in-class service to ensure an excellent experience for your team. Review the information below and contact a member of our Employer Relations team to discuss your event needs.
Date and Time
Our student class schedules vary widely by college and academic department, however we offer the following guidance when considering when to host an event.
- Late afternoon (3-5pm) and early evening hours (5-7pm) are typically ideal.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays are the best days during the week for events. We have found that mid-day lunch sessions also tend to work on Fridays.
- Our academic calendar is a great resource for checking holidays and other potential campus conflicts.
Your target audience may impact the location that will best serve your event. Review the options and work with our team to book something tailored to meet your needs.
- Reserve space within the University Career Center
- Space provided free of charge, based on availability and capacity
- Events prior to 5 p.m. are subject to room availability
- Standard A/V equipment is available
- On- and off-campus catering options can be accommodated
- Convenient visitor parking is available
- Reserve space within the Adele H. Stamp Student Union
- Room reservation and A/V fees applied to all requests
- Variety of space, floor plan and capacity options available
- More flexible timing options available
- Only in-house catering options are allowed
- Cancellations must be made in writing at least ten business days prior to the date of the event to avoid fees
College students always appreciate free food and it is an additional incentive for their attendance at events.
- Catering options will be listed on your event confirmation email.
- Deliveries can be made to our building for ease and convenience - Hornbake Library, South Wing.
- Be sure to advertise the availability of food on your event promotional materials
View some of the University Career Center space options
1 of 4