As a person who identifies as a woman, you may have specific concerns and additional questions regarding equitable access as you transition to the workplace. According to a report by the Thompson Reuters Foundation, the top five career related issues for women are:
- Work-Life Balance
- Equal Pay
- Career Opportunities
- Children and Career
Top Career-Related Tips:
- Make work fit your life. Look for employers whose values and work culture are aligned with yours.
- Always negotiate salary. Do your homework, ask for the going rate and don't undervalue yourself or your skill set.
- Project confidence, take initiative and take risks by doing things you are not 100% qualified for.
- Find mentors and sponsors/champions who have the agency and influence to help you grow and advance in your career.
- Develop your network. Be visible and someone that others want to work with.