Intern for a Day connects undergraduate students with alumni, parents, employers and community partners for one day job shadowing experiences.
Intern for a Day is available 3 times in an academic year: during both fall and spring semesters with hosts located in Maryland, DC, and Virginia and during students' winter break in New York City.
Details about the programs are listed below.
Intern for a Day: Fall 2019
featuring job shadowing options in Maryland, DC, and Virginia:
We were able to match over 300 students this semester. This program is now closed for fall 2019, but it will return in spring 2020. Look on this website in January 2020 about spring's program! Click here to view Fall 2019's Intern for a Day Host List
Intern for a Day: Winter Break in New York City
featuring job shadowing options in New York City and the surrounding area:
In order to receive an application to participate in Intern for a Day, you must attend an informative, 30-minute orientation session that will cover the application process, how you will be matched with a host, best practices when shadowing your host on-site, and how to show appreciation to your host after your experience
Mandatory Orientation Sessions (Choose 1 of 4 options)
All sessions will take place in the University Career Center: 3100 Hornbake Library, South Wing
When you click on the link, it will ask you to log-in with your CAS credentials and will direct you to the event in Careers4Terps. RSVP, please:
- Tuesday, November 5, 3:30-4pm
- Wednesday, November 6, 4-4:30pm
- Thursday, November 7, 12-12:30pm
- Friday, November 8, 10-10:30am
- Since orientations are only 30 minutes in length, any students arriving 10 minutes late for an orientatoin will not be permitted in the room.
- If there is only one orientation time that works best with your schedule and RSVP is at capacity, you are still welcome to join us. If your schedule allows for you to attend an orientation that is not at capacity, please RSVP for that session.
- Since there are 7 orientation times available, no make-up orientations will be provided.
The majority of questions about how this program operates will be addressed during the mandatory orientation session. Other questions can be asked via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.