Intern for a Day connects undergraduate students with alumni, parents, employers and community partners for one day job shadowing experiences.
Intern for a Day is available 3 times in an academic year: during both fall and spring semesters with hosts located in Maryland, DC, and Virginia and during students' winter break in New York City.
Details about the programs are listed below.
Intern for a Day: Spring 2020
featuring job shadowing options in Maryland, DC, and Virginia
In order to receive an application to participate in Intern for a Day, you must attend an informative, 30-minute orientation session that will cover the application process, how you will be matched with a host, best practices when shadowing your host on-site, and how to show appreciation to your host after your experience.
Spring 2020's Mandatory Orientation Options (Attend 1 out of 7 options) - RSVP today!:
All orientations take place in the University Career Center (3100 Hornbake Library, South Wing).
- Monday, February 24 | 12-12:30pm
- Tuesday, February 25 | 12-12:30pm
- Wednesday, February 26 | 12-12:30pm
- Wednesday, February 26 | 4-4:30pm
- Thursday, February 27 | 12-12:30pm
- Thursday, February 27 | 4-4:30pm
- Friday, February 28 | 10-10:30am
- Since orientations are only 30 minutes in length, any students arriving 10 minutes late for an orientatoin will not be permitted in the room.
- If there is only one orientation time that works best with your schedule and RSVP is at capacity, you are still welcome to join us. If your schedule allows for you to attend an orientation that is not at capacity, please RSVP for that session.
- Since there are 7 orientation times available, no make-up orientations will be provided.
The majority of questions about how this program operates will be addressed during the mandatory orientation session. Other questions can be asked via email@example.com.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.