Find a Job
Learning about industries and career opportunities that may be potential “next careers” involves gathering information and perhaps even doing some volunteering!
Potential resources include:
- Attend a Career Center event.
- Take FOCUS 2, an online career assessment tool that is free to UMD alumni. See what career possibilities exist out there.
- Contact the University of Maryland Counseling Center. For $125, alumni can receive up to five sessions, including intake and career assessment. For more information go to https://www.counseling.umd.edu/cs/clinical/#career
- Sign-up for My Career Expert, a free resource for UMD alumni. Visit their library of past webinars and articles on effective job searching.
- Visit your local One-Stop Career Center. Each county in Maryland, as well as other states, has a center dedicated to local residents.
- Contact the Professional Outplacement Assistance Center if you are from Maryland. They serve the entire state of Maryland and provide free, virtual workshops and counselor assistance in the job search process.
If you are a recent alum (within one year of your graduation), you can participate in the majority of our programs except for a few, such as – Intern for a Day or Career Shuttles. You may also choose to meet briefly with a Career Center staff member. Setup a free Careers4Terps account and select a staff member according to your college/school affiliation.
If you graduated more than one year ago, you can schedule a single 30-minute appointment to provide guidance on potential next steps. Log into your Careers4Terps account and select the staff member responsible for Alumni. Please note, alumni from the following schools should contact those schools directly:
- A. James Clark School of Engineering
Veronica Perrigan | email@example.com | 301.405.3863
- Robert H. Smith School of Business
Jeanne Fineran | firstname.lastname@example.org | 301.405.8648
- School of Public Policy
Bryan Kempton | email@example.com | 301.405.4845