Internship Seminar UNIV099
UNIV099 COURSE REGISTRATION APPROVAL IS NOW TAKING PLACE IN HANDSHAKE!
Please follow this step-by-step guide on how to gain permission to enroll in UNIV099 via Handshake.
Screenshots of sample learning contracts are coming!
What is UNIV099?
UNIV099 is a zero (0) credit online internship seminar that is designed to complement a supervised internship experience.
For the purposes of this course, the University Career Center & The President’s Promise defines an internship as a monitored work experience that has intentional learning outcomes and goals for students in their intended career field. It is expected that the internship supervisor is a professional in the student's intended career field.
One of the primary goals of UNIV 099 is to help you reflect upon your internship experience. The course aims to help you identify newly acquired skills, connect your internship experience to knowledge obtained in the classroom, and better understand how to achieve your future career goals.
Undergraduate and Graduate Students Interested in UNIV099 Registration:
- UNIV099 is offered Fall, Winter, Spring & Summer semesters.
- Students can repeat UNIV099, unless the student receives an F for not completing the course requirements in a previous semester.
- Complete a MINIMUM of 75 hours at your internship site by the end of the internship.
- GPA Requirement: Minimum of 3.0 for graduate students; minimum of 2.0 undergraduate students.
- Click here for more information about UNIV099 course requirements
How do I register for UNIV099?
- Please read this step-by-step guide on how to gain permission to enroll in UNIV099 via Handshake!
- This one page document provides internship supervisors with course requirements and information.
International Students on F-1 Visa:
After registering for UNIV099, you now must apply for CPT authorization through ISSS. Visit iTerp to begin your application for CPT.
You will need to upload the following pdfs to iTerp. Combine pdfs if needed:
- Your offer letter (may include additional documentation, such as supplemental job description, emails, etc.)
- Your Experience Form (go to your Experience request in Handshake and right click on "Survey Response". Click "Print" and under "Destination" choose "Save as PDF" to save your whole form as a pdf)
- Your supervisor signature (the UNIV099 instructional team has uploaded your supervisor's signature under the "Attachments" section of your Experience. Download this pdf).
ISSS processes all requests for CPT as quickly as possible and typically within 3-5 business days. Enrollment in UNIV099 does not guarantee that you will be granted CPT authorization for this experience. Do not begin working until you have received a new I-20 with the CPT endorsement on the second page. If you have questions about CPT authorization, please chat with ISSS or schedule an appointment with an ISSS advisor.