Students can choose to attend drop-ins for quick questions or they can schedule a 30-minute appointment through Careers4Terps. Read further to figure out which option is the better fit for your needs.
DROP-INS (10-15 minute sessions)
Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
in the University Career Center & The President’s Promise
*Meet with an undergraduate Peer Career Educator on duty. No appointment necessary. Drop-ins are most appropriate for undergraduate students. Graduate students should schedule an appointment through Careers4Terps.
Drop-ins are for quick questions and tips on the following topics:
- Resumes (bring printed, hard-copy)
- Cover letters (bring printed, hard-copy)
- BASICS (1st steps) in internship & job searching
- BASICS (1st steps) in interviewing
Don't see your topic above? Schedule an appointment instead.
APPOINTMENTS (30 minute scheduled appointments)
For more in-depth assistance, schedule an appointment. We are here to help you find the correct resources, programs and services for your needs. Topics may include:
- Choosing a Major, Exploring Careers, Researching Career Fields and Industries
- Preparing for Interviews
- Searching for Internships or Jobs
- Networking, Informational Interviews, Applying to Graduate School
Appointments are scheduled through Careers4Terps (C4T), our online job/internship database. Login using your UMD Directory ID. Schedule an appointment by clicking on the "Counseling & Calendar" tab on the leftside navigation bar. Then click "Counseling Appointment." You may be asked to answer some questions to update your account the first time you log in.