Our Campus Interview Program allows employers to interview UMD students and recent graduates, virtually or in-person, via a simple and coordinated process facilitated by our team.
Interviews can take place year round, however, we recommend hosting interviews during our fall and spring semesters:
- Fall 2023: September 11, 2023 - December 08, 2023
- Spring 2024: January 24, 2024 - May 10, 2024
Interviews are coordinated Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET.
It is strongly recommended that interview schedule requests be made at least 3 weeks in advance to provide adequate time for marketing, student applications and finalizing the interview schedule.
Campus Interview Program
We ask all participating employers to review the full Campus Interview Program Policy document prior to requesting a campus interview date.
All currently enrolled University of Maryland students and recent graduates up to three years out are eligible to participate in the Campus Interview program. Contact the us at firstname.lastname@example.org if questions arise regarding student participation.
The University Career Center can support employers seeking to host virtual interviews with candidates via their virtual platforms. We can support in marketing the position, coordinating the resume collection, and interview sign-ups via Handshake, and providing students with a quiet space in our interview suite to interview with your team virtually.
The University Career Center can arrange to host interviews in our interview suite(s) for employers between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. during the recruiting period.
Interview space is provided free of charge to employers who use Handshake to facilitate their interview process with University of Maryland candidates.
Employers are asked to cancel their scheduled interviews prior to the start of students signing up for interview time-slots. If an employer cancels after candidates have begun to sign up for interview time slots, it will be the responsibility of the employer to provide an explanation to students regarding the change and alert the Employer Relations Team by emailing or copying email@example.com.
Recruiters are asked to provide candidates with a reasonable amount of time to make employment-related decisions - generally equating to at least three weeks. Employers are reminded that campus recruiting is as much about building a trusted brand identity as it is about recruiting new talent. Placing undue pressure on candidates to make decisions or engaging in questionable recruiting practices not only jeopardizes an employer’s ability to recruit our students, but may adversely affect an organization's image for an extended period of time.
If an employer must rescind an offer from a student, the employer will notify the University Career Center prior to notifying the student.
Employers needing to rescind or defer employment should carefully review the guidelines and follow the NACE recommendations found in the Position Statement on Rescinded and Deferred Employment Offers.
For candidates whose start dates are deferred:
- Communicate to candidates as soon as possible
- Remain in communication with candidates and the Career Center regarding start dates
- Provide financial assistance if the deferral will be longer than three months
- Provide services to aid the candidates in securing other employment
Request an Interview Schedule (Virtual or In-Person) at UMD
- Log into Handshake
- Select "Request On-Campus Interview Date" in the Quick links section.
- Complete the online "New Interview Schedule Request" form.
- The Employer Engagement Coordinator will reach out to confirm your interview details. If the Employer Engagement Coordinator is unable to make contact within 5 business days, the request will be removed.
- A confirmation email will be sent once your interview schedule has been approved (please also check your spam/junk mail folders). If no confirmation email is received please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For "Preselect to Alternate schedules," be sure to "attach your position" to your interview schedule in order for your schedule to be approved. You will receive a confirmation email once the position and schedule are approved.
- For "Room Only schedules", please email your interview schedule to email@example.com AT LEAST 24 HOURS before the interview date OR bring a copy of the schedule with you on the day so that our front desk team will know where to direct candidates.