Post Jobs & Internships
The University of Maryland has partnered with Handshake to provide its career management platform.
Already have an account? Connect with us on Handshake.
Need an account? Registration is simple and posting is free.
Handshake is used by current undergraduate and graduate students and UMD alumni seeking the following types of positions:
- Full-time (entry-level and experienced hire) professional positions
- Internships (fall, spring, summer)
- Part-time on-campus jobs
- Part-time off-campus jobs
- Post-doc and fellowship positions
Sign into Handshake or Create An Account
- Login or create an employer account on Handshake
- Once your account is created, connect with the University of Maryland - College Park.
Post a Job or Internship
- Log in to Handshake
- Select "Post a Job" from your home dashboard or select "Jobs" in the left-hand navigation bar then select "Create Job"
- Complete the job form, including as much information as possible on the Job Basics, Details, Preferences, and Schools tabs.
- After previewing your job, click "Save" to send your job to UMD.
- Your position will be reviewed by a staff member and approved in approximately 2 business days.
Contact our Employer Relations team at email@example.com or Front Desk at 301-314-7225.
Seeking a UMD student for a paid part-time, short-term off-campus position?
UMD has partnered with QuadJobs, an online platform that connects students to flexible, part-time jobs.
QuadJobs serves as a central portal for individuals and local businesses looking to recruit UMD students for short-term, one-time and temporary jobs (e.g., babysitting, dog-walking, tutoring, house work).
When posting in QuadJobs, we encourage listing "COLLEGE PARK, MD" in the title of your ad.
For details regarding policies and use of the platform, view QuadJobs FAQs.
Types of Positions to advertise on QuadJobs:
- Furniture Mover
- Garage Organizer
- Dog Walker
- and many others!
Looking for business, engineering or graduate public policy majors?
Handshake is open to all University of Maryland students and alumni. However, there are a few additional job/internship databases on campus that are exclusive to specific student populations:
- Job/Internship database specific to undergraduate and graduate students in the A. James Clark School of Engineering
- Job/Internship database specific to undergraduate, MBA and MS students in the Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Job/Internship database specific to undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Public Policy